SASKATCHEWAN BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Prairies, Saskatchewan contains some of Canada’s most unique landscapes and opportunities for outdoor adventure. Best known for its rolling prairies and farmland, Saskatchewan ripples with diverse topography from lodgepole pine forests to the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield. Beyond the city centres of Regina and Saskatoon, small communities dot the landscapes of Saskatchewan, giving over to stunning wilderness in a province dominated by nature. In the north, far past Regina and Saskatoon, a series of lakes and rivers create an aquatic paradise rich with adventures for the Saskatchewan paddler. While touring the provincial and national parks of Saskatchewan, you are bound to fall in love with the peaceful scenery set amidst its ever-distant horizon. Saskatchewan invites you to canoe, cycle, hike, snowmobile or ride to your heart’s content.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Saskatchewan GPS Maps provide you with the most technologically-advanced and user-friendly option for outdoor recreation today. With all the detail from the original Saskatchewan Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS, the Saskatchewan GPS Maps allow you to explore the area’s topography with shaded relief, 3D views, and the highest level of map detail available for recreational use. In addition to detailing Saskatchewan’s topography and extensive road systems, your GPS maps include a wealth of information on outdoor recreation available at your fingertips, including marked and labeled trails, campsites, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, Wildlife Management Areas, and much more. Developed in cooperation with local agencies, including government, parks, forestry, and tourism, these Garmin-licensed Saskatchewan GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) are your most reliable source for navigating the lands from Regina to Saskatoon and the backcountry beyond.
Backroad GPS Maps Features
Backroad GPS Maps for the Saskatchewan are Garmin licenced GPS Maps and support all standard Garmin GPS map features such as:
- Seamless topographic maps
- 'Find' tool used to locate nearby city, water or recreation features
- 50,000 scale geographic points
- City navigation
Highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series
Customers can search for Township Quarter Section Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 01-33-24-W3) or Quarter Section (ex: SW-01-33-24-W3).
Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Explore More with V7
- 1,000,000+ searchable Saskatchewan Township Range Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 300 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 20,000 KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- Close to 900 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- 150+ KM of additional multi-use, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 15 additional trailheads.
- 250+ additional public services.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Saskatchewan
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for SK
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
SASKATCHEWAN BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAP FEATURES:
- Garmin GPS and Basecamp™ compatible
- 50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all of Saskatchewan
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete resource, industry and bush road coverage available for Saskatchewan
- Routable city, resource and industry roads
- Hundreds of thousands of kilometres of oilfield seismic roads and pipeline corridors
- Tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, snowmobile, paddling & multi-use trails
- Smart background & searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for anglers and hunters
- National, provincial and private parks & campsites
- Lake & stream fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Campsites, golf courses, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of searchable cities, geographic land and water features
- Oil and gas POI now included! Compressor stations, gas plants, batteries, disposal sites and other resource facilities, including well-site footprints
- Saskatchewan Township Quarter Section points
- …and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Saskatchewan GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Furthermore, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Saskatchewan Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 250,000 km of routable roads including highways, city roads, rural roads, and two levels of logging roads: industrial and resource
- Over 54,000 km of non-routable roads including old logging roads, unclassified roads, alleyways, leased and private roads, and more
- Over 1,500 km of multi-use trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 3,400 km of ATV/motorized trails
- Over 6,000 km of paddling routes
- Close to 11,500 km of snowmobile trails
- Over 500 km of the Trans Canada Trail in Saskatchewan
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets, with close to 100,000 searchable points. You can use these to help navigate by selecting the ‘Whereto’ and then ‘Go!’ options, or read what each site offers through the ‘More’ option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Saskatchewan Custom POI Highlights:
- Saskatchewan fishing lakes with over 590 locations
- Saskatchewan multi-use trails with hundreds of trailheads & descriptions
- Saskatchewan ATV & snowmobile trails with hundreds of trailheads & descriptions
- Hundreds of Saskatchewan national and provincial parks
- Numerous Saskatchewan regional and urban parks
- Saskatchewan winter recreation sites including numerous cross-country ski trail locations and most downhill ski areas
- Hundreds of Saskatchewan boat launch locations
- Over 65 golf courses
- Over 780 paddling access points and paddling route descriptions
- Over 260 backcountry & private campsites
- Over 2,300 communities
- Over 8,700 searchable land & water geographic features
- Over 80 Wildlife Management Zones
- Close to 1,000,000 Provincial Quarter Section Township points
- Over 15,000 Saskatchewan oil and gas POI including compressor stations, gas plants, and disposal & battery sites plus MORE!
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Compressor Stations
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Gas Plants
- Golf Courses
- Land Features
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – National, Provincial, Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Township Quarter Sections
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Centres
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
- WMZ - Wildlife Management Zones