NOVA SCOTIA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Backroad Mapbooks is proud to present Garmin-licensed GPS maps of Nova Scotia, compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. The Maritime province of Nova Scotia sits in the Atlantic Ocean and boasts a unique culture steeped in Acadian, Celtic, Mi’kmaq and African histories. Known for the cultural hub of Halifax, the tourist hot spot of Cape Breton, and a world-renowned ocean fishery, Nova Scotia teems with opportunities for exploration. Whether hiking, biking, camping, climbing, paddling, fishing, skiing or ATVing, you will never be lost for things to do in Nova Scotia. With no portion of Nova Scotia farther than 56 km from the ocean, this province is a veritable Maritime landscape. Bask in the salty air of the Atlantic as you watch puffins, dolphins and whales from the shore; fish for salmon in Nova Scotia’s mighty Margaree River; or drive along rocky coastal topography into historical Mi’kmaq sites.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Nova Scotia GPS Maps will show you the landscape of Nova Scotia like you’ve never seen it before. Explore the province with the guidance of these highly detailed maps and discover a world of road networks, nature trails, campsites, fishing spots and activity points-of-interest all across Nova Scotia. With opportunities for outdoor recreation marked and labeled across these maps, the Nova Scotia GPS maps get you outside with confidence. Boasting industry-leading topographical detail with shaded relief, 3D views and delineated Wildlife Management Areas plus highlights like paddling routes, hiking trails, and an address search feature, the Nova Scotia GPS maps are your most reliable source for work and play in Nova Scotia. From Halifax to Sherbrooke, to Cape Breton and Cornwall, your Nova Scotia GPS maps lead the way.
NOVA SCOTIA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAP FEATURES:
- Garmin GPS and Basecamp™ compatible
- 10,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all of Nova Scotia
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete resource, industry and logging road coverage available for Nova Scotia
- Routable city, resource and industry roads
- Searchable street addresses and intersections
- Tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, snowmobile, paddling & multi-use trails
- Smart background & searchable deer and moose Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs)
- National, provincial and private parks & campsites
- Lake & stream fishing information with boat launches
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Searchable backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Tens of thousands of searchable cities & geographic land and water features
- And much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 10,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Nova Scotia GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Nova Scotia Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 47,750 km of routable roads including highways, city roads, rural roads, and two levels of industrial and resource roads
- Close to 50,000 km of non-routable roads including old logging roads, unclassified roads, alleyways, private roads, and more
- Over 1,375 km of multi-use trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 2,900 km of ATV/motorized trails
- Over 425 km of paddling routes
- Almost 1,125 km of snowmobile trails
- Over 365 km of the Trans-Canada Trail
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets, with close to 100,000 searchable points. You can use these to help navigate by selecting the ‘Whereto’ and then ‘Go!’ options, or read what each site offers through the ‘More’ option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Nova Scotia Custom POI Highlights:
- Fishing lakes with over 350 locations and descriptions, named and searchable lakes
- Nova Scotia trails with close to 350 front country and backcountry trail locations and descriptions
- Nova Scotia ATV trails with over 70 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Nova Scotia snowmobile trails with over 25 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Nova Scotia parks with almost 300 national and provincial park locations and descriptions
- Over 115 regional parks, private campsites and backcountry resorts
- Over 15 backcountry campsites
- Nova Scotia paddling with over 95 paddling access points and descriptions
- Nova Scotia wildlife viewing with over 60 locations and descriptions
- Almost 20 Nova Scotia Caribou and Moose Management Unit hunting areas
- Nova Scotia winter recreation sites including over 40 cross-country ski trail locations and most downhill ski areas
- Over 2,650 city, town and community locations
- Close to 21,500 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Nova Scotia’s Categories:
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Caribou and Moose Wildlife Management Zones
- Land Features
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – National
- Parks – Provincial
- Parks – Conservation
- Parks – Urban
- Public Services
- Recreation Areas
- Rivers and Creeks
- Snowmobile Routes
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation